Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Trend On The Rise: Crazed Obsessed Fans




I've been noticing a lot lately that people are going crazy. Ok so, I've kinda noticed this about people for all my life but specifically, I'm talking about all these crazy obsessed fans of big superstars like Justin Beiber, The Jonas Brothers, and Nicki Minaj. I call them teeny boppers (LOL) but they call themselves "Beliebers" or "Barbies and Kens". Even Adam Lambert's fans have named themselves "Glamberts".

I'm not trying to knock anybody for really admiring an artist or celebrity, that's not the problem. I kind of mentioned this before but I used to be a really big *NSYNC fan (and had an obsession for Lance Bass specificially) when I was in high school (and a little after, not gonna front!) so I know what that love and adoration is all about. But with the help of twitter, I think its getting a little out of hand. Justin Beiber fans were bashing poor Selena Gomez when news broke out that they were dating! Did each and every one of these crazy girls actually think he was going to end up dating them?

Then more recently, I noticed on Twitter how Chris Brown retweeted some of the negative tweets he received from the "haters" and his fans went ape sh*t on these people; calling them really hurtful and disgusting names, literally bombarding them with tweet after tweet to defend their precious Breezy! I mean, maybe it wasn't fair of them to tweet how they felt about Chris Brown directly to him but he is a public figure after all. Not everybody has to like him. And for every "hater" he probably has a dozen more fans, if not more.

Don't get me started on the way the Lil' Kim fans and Nicki Minaj fans go at each other!!

Bottom line is, I think its getting out of hand. Like I said, Twitter is feeding this unhealthy behavior because now fans can directly contact their favorite celebs and the haters as well. I call it unhealthy because some of these poor souls (not all though) live in these fantasy worlds and all they eat, sleep, breathe and do has to do with their star of choice. Its obsession and that is never good (Remember the movie with Beyonce?) Unfortunately, I just think it'll get worse and worse until...well I don't know but whatever it is, it'll be bad! LOL

Were you ever or are you now obsessed with a celebrity? Tell me about it!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment