Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Psst! Hey Shawty! and all my other "Names"



One of the most annoying things for me and I'm sure any other beautiful woman (Oh, how conceited of me!) is cat calls or being picked up by strange men in the street. I don't know about other women but for me its always a guy that just seems like a real bum! The guys who think wife beaters and saggy jeans with their boxers showing are some kind of uniform; unkepmt guys with shaggy beady bead beards (think Pam from "Martin") and bad breath; males who are in men bodies but act like little boys...Yea, these are the kind of guys I always seem to get. And then they do the worst things to get your attention. They will call out for you from across the street. They will slow their beat up cars down and try to get you to hop in. And a lot of them just say really rude and objectifying things to you like "Damn, Baby! You look like a steak meal with a side of potatoes and corn on the cob!"

Some guys are really shameless, I swear! And what makes me mad is that some of us women accept craziness like that and these guys end up with girlfriends (or jumpoffs depending on the situation). Me personally, I have never and will never date a guy like that trying to "holla" at me on the street. But I have done some funny things to try to avoid them like giving a fake name, giving old numbers that have been disconnected, pretending to be hard of hearing, wearing fake engagement rings and wedding bands, and my favorite; pretending to be a lesbian!

Obviously there are better ways to try to pick up women; not every guy uses these bummy moves. There are the few guys out there that will just simply try to strike up a conversation or tell you that you look beautiful, which is a whole lot better than "Yo Shawty" or "Hey You in the *insert color here*!" I never knew I went by so many names!

If you agree or have a funny story about a guy (or girl) trying to pick you up, leave it in the comment section below and as always, Thanks for Reading!

P.S.: This post is not meant to be mean or hurt anyones feelings, just being funny! Don't worry if you're a girl that's fallen for the "Hey Shawty" technique, I'm sure you're not the only one ;-)

1 comment:

  1. My gwad, this is great. as a man i can't help but apologize foe the low-lives *cough* i mean desperate sick assholes. ha some times it suck being a man. because of guy like that. tsk fml

    ReplyDelete