Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Support LOVE!




The news has been buzzing lately with talks that legalizing gay marriage just might be coming to the great state of New York and I couldn't be happier to hear this news!

I'm not gay myself but like the title of this posts says: I support love and I support gay marriage because denying someone the right to express their love in the way that they want to is just wrong. You can ask any of my close friends and family; I've always been very passionate about the rights of the LGBT community and whenever I hear about the mistreatment, prejudice, and injustice they face, I am so disgusted.

Why is it so wrong for LGBT to just be themselves? Are they hurting anybody? No! Everyone in this world should be able to love who they want to without fear if being outcast by others.

I'm not knocking anybody who doesn't believe in gay marriage. Whatever, that's your prerogative and I wouldn't tell anyone what to believe or how to feel. But as soon as you express that in a hateful way, that's when you need to be shut down! The bullying NEEDS TO STOP, the bashing NEEDS TO STOP, the slurs and hurtful words NEED TO STOP!!! Come on people, we're living in the new millenium for God's sake! And speaking of God, MY God wants us to love and respect everyone as we would want to be loved and respected because that's how much he loves us. I don't know what YOUR God tells you to do but eh...

Anyway, on a lighter and funnier note, I used to be sooo in love with Lance Bass from NSYNC. I mean I used to dream about marrying him and having some really pretty half black kids with blonde hair lol (this was of course before he came out as a gay man...well before-ish). When he came out I was so proud and happy for him and I knew that he was going to be a positive role model and influence the lives of so many. If I had to pick my favorite gay person he would be it lol.
Don't know why I told that story! I guess it's slightly related. It'll be more related if Lance gets married in NY!! (*Crossing my fingers*)

How do you feel about gay marriage coming to NY? Leave your comment below and Thanks for reading!

1 comment: