Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5 Songs I Don't Want You To Know I Like, Shh!

Everybody who is a music lover like me, has a few songs that, when they listen to, they look around and make sure no ones around watching before blasting it in their headphones and when they're accused of liking the song or knowing too many words, they vehemently deny deny deny and blame it on their little sister/brother.

For me, here are those songs...well 5 of them!

1. She Ain't You- Chris Brown
So for most of you this is probably the hottest song out right now and you have no qualms about blasting it in your cars/mp3's but for me, a person who has openly declared from day one (long before the Rihanna thing...) that I DO NOT LIKE CHRIS BROWN, liking this song feels like a betrayal to some part of myself! Lol. I think its mostly because he sampled the song from two of my favorite songs from back in the day "Right Here" by SWV and "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson. Yea, that's gotta be it...



2. The Call (Remix)- Backstreet Boys feat. The Clipse
Brief history lesson on me, Tina Marie...I was a DIE HARD, CRAZY, OBSESSED Nsync fan. And like most of the die hard ridiculous boy band lovers, I hated the competition. But when I was all alone and with the lights down and the volume really low, I used to jam to this song (lemme stop lying, I still jam to it and I blast it!) But I justify it by explaining that I only like the REMIX and not the original corny version of the song! :-)



3. Cinderella - The Cheetah Girls
I can't even front, I love this song lol. I don't like to even admit that I watched the movie...more than once. Yes, I know that I'm entirely too old for Disney Movies made after 1999 but I watched it anyway and this was really the only song that stood out to me. Its pretty catchy and if you've never heard it, check it out!



4. Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
Speaking of Disney...So you should already know where I'm going with this. No offense to Miley Cyrus but her songs are really corny and that Hannah Montana show? It's like painfully corny...so corny that it hurts me. But Party in the USA is my JAM! (I reluctantly admit this). For this song, its mostly the music that attracts me. That guitar riff is awesome and the song is super catchy. I could do without the screechy voice singing it but ehhh...Lol



5. Sometimes - Britney Spears
Another really corny song (are you noticing a trend yet? I like corny songs!) but it brings back so many memories! Yes I used to be a big Britney Spears fan and an even bigger NSYNC fan and well that's another story for another blog post. This is necessarily my absolute favorite from Britney but I love it none-the-less! (This is totally ruining the little street cred I do have!)




Ok That's all Folks! Hope you don't think too lowly of me after this. Like I said, I'm a music lover and that means even the embarassing songs like these Lol

Thanks for Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yeahhhh, I will DEFINITELY be singing 'She Ain't You' next time I see you. Imma serenade youuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start listening that song...I been hearing everyone loving this chris brown song, but never fully gave it a good listen. Matter of fact< I need to listen to his album overall and give a judgement.

    ReplyDelete