Thursday, May 26, 2011

Not That I Care But...Who won American Idol???


The big news of the week is that some kid named Scotty McCreery won American Idol. Now let me first say that I don't watch American Idol...well I don't watch the live competition part but I do watch the auditions. I remember seeing Scotty's audition and thinking "There's no way this kid is gonna go through let alone win!" The deep voice might be cute in a boy band (LANCE BASS) but not as a solo artist. I never thought in a million years that it would happen but low and behold it did.

Now let me also say that I remember Lauren Alaina's audition as well and I pegged her right away to be the season's winner. I thought she was AWESOME, her voice was on point and she's a cute girl.

So I know I don't have much evidence since I didn't watch but what was it about Scotty that made him get more votes? Is it because he's a crooner? Is it because all of the lower half of this country voted for him while the other half (like me) didn't pay the show any mind? And most importantly, Would he even be on the show if Simon were still there? For that last question, I think NOT.

Bottom line: This is why I don't watch the show. From what I've seen I don't consider McCreery to be an "American Idol". Maybe a "Country Idol" but I don't think that his voice and his talent represents America. And how many times has America voted off a really talented singer coughcoughJENNIFERHUDSONcough and he/she turned out to be even more successful than the winner?

I don't understand the premise of the show! In my personal opinion, out of all the successful American Idol winners, I think Kelly Clarkson had the most appeal to a wider range of people, making her closer to an actual American Idol than any other winner. That's not to say that all the rest are bad but I'm just saying, let's evaluate the reason for this shows existence. They set out to look for someone with immense talent, versatility and likability. I mean am I wrong about that?

Maybe this Scotty kid will prove to be a true American Idol but sorry to say that I doubt it. But then again...I don't care anyway! :-)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. lol. epic pic...I wish I had mad girls all over me like him, saying. DUDE YOU WON...then I ask what have I won...they say a BIG SLAP, you pervert. lol interesting post.

    ReplyDelete